DAILY HOMEWORK:

Assigned Date Due Item Notes
4/27/155/7/15Flip #15 Susan B. Anthony
5/11/15 5/12/15Flip #16 Oct. 29, 1929
5/12/155/14/15Blog Assignment MP4.1Due Thurs.








IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS

Thursday, October 9, 2014

MP1.4 What is this?

Take your best guess.  Explain what your guess is for what it would be used for in Colonial times.




21 comments:

  1. hello there, i think that the table spring thing is something that was used in machines or something like to help turn wheels or something like that. its hard to guess what that is because really it could be anything... but yeah that was my guess because honestly i dont have another one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this object is something that can help open things. I think that because in colonial times they didn't have modern things to open stuff like a can opener. So I think they might have used something like this to open objects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was used most likely to hold candles. The shape is wide and long enough like a candle, and it'll fit well. Things we have now weren't invented back then s they basically had to make every and anything they needed. So they made this ,: a candleholder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess about this picture is that I think it was used for fixing boats .

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, i think that object is used to hold candles -M.A

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a cork screw used to open wine bottles.
    -Jhenzen G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this could be used as something you could make with like clay or clothing or it could be as an table holder in Colonial times. -JD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the thing in the picture was used for a wine bottle opener. Or a holder for small objects.Also and maybe you us it to break thing or cut thing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From my point of view , i think this contraption is a wood carver for carving wood.The reason i say this is because it looks like from the top of it the part where you put you hand to twist into something(wood). Plus the bottom gives it support so you won't hurt your hands while carving into something. So in my point of view this is my wise guess of what it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this was used for mixing things like food.Because by the way It is built the spiral looks like it can mix or stir things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello i think this object would be used for holding candles in colonial times because the twisty part looks about the same size a a candle and the legs would be to hold the candle up so colonists did not have to hold the candles i think it would also prevent them from getting burnt with the candle -M.A

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is a candle holder. I beleive that because it looks like something that can hold a small tube. Also the only thing that could fit is maybe a candle. This could be useful in the colonial times because people might of used this to hold candles than actually holding the candle. Also it can be used to bright up dark areas at night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The object looks like it was holding something in place. I think it was a candle holder. I think this because in the middle it looks like a place where a candle would fit. I also think this because it has 3 little legs thats holding it up. This object looks like it was used a lot because it's all rusted up and pulled apart a little. This object looks like it was very important. In colonial times they didn't have electricity so maybe they used this to hold the candle in place to see things at night

    ReplyDelete
  14. What I guess this object is, is a colonial corkscrew to open bottles, for example of rum which was an alcoholic drink that they used to and we still drink to this day.[adults only!]
    Hallie B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's a corkscrew. I believe this because it looks like a screw, but it also looks very different. It could be a old screw that was made a long time ago. It probably has that at the bottom because they had it screwed down to something.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like something that was used to make the caddles for transportation I think that it was used for a caddle because it looks like a spring that will help move the caddle I think that was a piece to make the caddle but then again I think that just was an ancient spring that was very fragile back in there times
    Nathan M

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Object above is a candle holder. To use it you would flip it upside down and place the candle on the bottom part.
    RC

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think its a candle holder cause it goes in deep

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this is a part to a water wheel to help it spin.i think this because it is like spring and looks like it would help it turn the wheel.From Josten.L ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think its a tool used to unwind or untangle cloth. jamari.l

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that this tool would've been used for making cloths, sewing.
    Aj.W

    ReplyDelete