1) Go to:
Colonial Williamsburg Map Tour
2) Spend 10 or more minutes exploring the map tour.
3) Click comments and write a short explanation of what you found, what interested you, what you learned, etc, during your exploration.
4) Write first name and last initial.
5) Click submit or ok.
What I found out on The Colonial Williamsburg Map Tour is that all different careers of the colony had their own separate section of the colony. What interested me was that all careers had their own separate it almost seemed like that had it to keep out of the way of other people. During my exploration I learned that Williamsburg had a large variety of different things you could do .
ReplyDeleteThe colonial williamsburg gardens are gardens that are around a palace and was known for its cool green spaces tidy flower gardens fenced pastures and more these gardens were around the palace maze Royan Anoh
ReplyDeleteI found interesting that they have an exhibition that shows British and American antiques from 1660 to 1820. I also found interesting that they have a hospital that is for the insane ans disordered minds, and that it was the first building in north america devoted sole to the treatment of the mentally ill.
ReplyDelete~yashaira l.
There were a lot of empty land. Also there was lot of big building s in the area
ReplyDeletewhat i found in the map is the old'n days back in the 1600's i kind've wish we could live like that but anyways i learned that for transportation it was very expensive to get a ride on a horse , so most people walked. 2 i learned that The impressive Palace gardens helped to present the governor as a refined and important man.
ReplyDeleteTwo things that I found interesting on the tour was that the had. Colonial Houses were you can relax and enjoy your vacation. At night time if you listening carefully. You cloud hear George Washington and Thomas Jefferson racing their horses. The second thing that I found interesting was that they had an. African American Religion Exhibit it was the first Baptist Church . Where the African Americans met I the early 1880s . DB
ReplyDeleteOne thing that interested me was that such a old town could be so well organized and huge and I notice some farming areas. Jamari. . L
ReplyDeleteI learned that there are so many different streets like Prince George St, Duke of Gloucester, and N Henry St
ReplyDeleteI learned that the Governor of Williamsburg house was completed in 1722. I also learned what the house looked like and that only really important people were allowed past the parlor.
ReplyDeleteWhat interested me was that they had a Spa there. It interested me because it really surprised me that they had them back in Colonial Williamsburg. I never knew that they knew what that was and that they had a big town and that there was a lot of buildings and some are the building that we use now.
ReplyDeleteKasia Z.
What I learned is that Dominique Chickens are one of the chicken breeds of the United States. This interested me becuase i thought the chickens came with Puerto Rico. I also learned that George Wythe trained Thomas Jerson into becoming a lawyer.
ReplyDeleteCristian L
I found the McKenzie Apothecary which is a concession that gives drinks and light refreshments that's only open seasonally.
ReplyDelete- Jhenzen G.
McKenzie Apothecary is a seasonal, small counter-service concession offering drinks and light refreshments. Open seasonally.
ReplyDeleteHallena B.
In my opinion, The Public Hospital for Persons of Insane and Disordered Minds interested me the most because was the first building in North America devoted solely to the treatment of the mentally ill. According to the tour, the first patient was admitted October 12, 1773. Many of the theories believe that mental illnesses were diseases of the brain and nervous system. This interested me because The Public Hospital is a hospital that help many people with mental illnesses. I also want to be a medical doctor as well, l would like to visit the place if had the chance.
ReplyDeletePablo Q
What I found is that Virginia is proud of its heritage and its not ashamed from where it came from. What interested me is that a lot of the more wealthy still use wagons and carriages as transportation. What i learned is that a lot of Virginia still has the old ways as they did in the 1800's.
ReplyDelete-Aj.W
hello while looking over the map something that interested me was that the public hospital for persons of insane or disordered minds was the first building in north america devoted to treat the mentally ill and that the hospital had cells for the patients and there safety inside the cell was a iron ring where the patients hand or foot would be attached that is what interested me most and what i learned out of this tour. Marwa A.
ReplyDeleteWhat I found interesting is that Colonial Williamsburg reminds me of modern America. Colonial Williamsburg has "factories" just like we do now and a main place of transportation, instead of being apart everything is just bunched together. Hallie B.
ReplyDeleteI learned about how garden's and hedge mazes helped to make the governor look like an important man. I found this interesting because I never knew that a garden could show how important a person is or a part of their character. I had always thought that the gardens were there to show wealth and such.
ReplyDeleteI also learned that the Magazine was where they stored there weaponry for attack's on the colony as well as the Revolutionary War. I found this interesting because of the magnitude of weaponry that the colonists managed to safely house in the building and am curious about how exactly the Magazine affected the war. It also amazes me that some of the wepons from the war are still intact after all this time.
I learned that a chowning tavern is really the elder version or a cafè or resterant. The thing that sparked my interest was the colonial punishment. The thing they us to punish them looked like it would chop their heads off. But in reality it keeps them there until they get let out. Stay there get garbage and worse thrown at them by the towns people.
ReplyDeleteRC
what i found out and thought was important is , the completion of the governors house was completed in 1722 . Josten.L
ReplyDeletewhat I thought was interesting is that there was so many different buildings and trades. the building or place I thought was most interesting was the maze.
ReplyDeleteDeklin C.
I found out about the basket makers. In the article it said that basket making was more of an domestic activity than a business
ReplyDeleteI noticed that at that time there were a lot more building that did different things. I was interested in the maze because it seemed different and unique
ReplyDeleteI learned alot about how the people used to shop in those days and how they had carriages to get to place to place. They had diners and coffee shops to eat at.
ReplyDeleteTashea N.
I enjoyed looking through the Colonel Williamsburg. I noticed that people had to make their way by walking , taking a wagon, and riding a horse. I also noticed that a lot of streets were named after some kings. Something I learned is that Williamsburg was the political center of Virginia that took care of laws and justice. Also King George lll made profit off of the others examples.
ReplyDeleteI learn about King George that he was remembered for two thing. Losing the American colonies and going mad.
ReplyDeleteI found the 18th century transportation interesting during the tour because if people I Williamsburg where not wealthy they still found least expensive way to get place to place and that was on foot but there was other way too transport to place to place too like for farmers and planter they found carts and wagon help them with work to bring produce to market easily and this interest me because it not that easy for us like we cant go out anymore riding wagons so I thought that even thought they were poor they still found way to get to place
ReplyDeleteI learned about " The Palace Maze ". I learned that the gardens around the palace symbolized the wealth, power, and style of the British crown.Today kids of all ages could walk through the labyrinth of hedges and find confusion at ever turn. - J.D
ReplyDelete